Welcome to Pokin' Holes.

This blog is all about target shooting. Nothing is more fun that pokin' holes into paper targets! I use a variety of guns for this purpose. I have air rifles, handguns, rimfire and high power rifles, and shotguns. I am not a hunter. I simply enjoy the sport of target shooting.

I have created several targets that you can print and use. They are in PDF format. NOTE: When printing, don't let your PDF viewer resize the image. This will retain the original dimensions.


Air Rifle

Pistol

Scope

I have also created a specialty target just for the AK47 and SKS rifle. This target will help you sight in your rifle at 25-yards and be dead on at 100-yards.


AK47 / SKS

Feel free to use and distribute these targets. I hope you enjoy your visit here. Feel free to comment on the articles.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dressing Up The AK47-C


(Click on any image to enlarge)


When I first received my IO AK47-C rifle, I was a little disappointed. The Thermold polymer magazine that came with the rifle was crap. It wouldn't even stay in the magazine well. That being said, it turned out to be a good thing!

You never know what kind of customer service a firearms manufacturer is until you have a problem. IO Inc. came through with flying colors. I called them and explained about the crappy magazine and they rushed me out a brand new METAL magazine. It fit like a glove and really looks great. I guess I am a metal-head when it comes to magazines.

Now that I have decent magazines it's time to turn to the rifle itself. The handguard that came on the AK47-C was functional and nice looking, but it was a bit bulky. I also wanted options for accessories like optics, flashlights, lasers, and vertical handgrips. This means I need rails.

I found a fantastic handguard/rail system for the AK-47. The UTG 478 AK Quad Rail System by Leapers is a very reasonable priced and functional addition to my AK. The installation is simple and can be performed with minimal tools. After installing the UTG 478, I added a vertical handgrip. The UTG vertical handgrip was a good choice. I have some pictures of the rifle after the installation. Here is Warren displaying the rifle:



We took the rifle for a test drive. We loaded up four 30-round magazines and headed to our favorite shooting spot. We used the metal and the Tapco polymer magazine. The Tapco functioned perfectly, but I am still gravitating towards metal magazines. I love the vertical handgrip. It helps me put the sights on target quicker and helps stabilize the muzzle end for more accurate shots. I don't have optics yet, but when I do, I will just mount it on the rail above the gas tube. The new UTG handguard seems very stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment