Welcome to Pokin' Holes.

This blog is all about target shooting. Nothing is more fun that pokin' holes into paper targets! I use a variety of guns for this purpose. I have air rifles, handguns, rimfire and high power rifles, and shotguns. I am not a hunter. I simply enjoy the sport of target shooting.

I have created several targets that you can print and use. They are in PDF format. NOTE: When printing, don't let your PDF viewer resize the image. This will retain the original dimensions.


Air Rifle

Pistol

Scope

I have also created a specialty target just for the AK47 and SKS rifle. This target will help you sight in your rifle at 25-yards and be dead on at 100-yards.


AK47 / SKS

Feel free to use and distribute these targets. I hope you enjoy your visit here. Feel free to comment on the articles.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

IAC Hawk 982 Shotgun For A Great Price!

(Click on any image to enlarge)

I received an email notification that “Bud’s Gun Shop” just got in a supply of the IAC Hawk 982 12-gauge shotgun. If you have been reading my blog, you know that I am a fan of the IAC Hawk 982. It is a copy of the popular Remington 870. Many of the stock options will work with the Hawk. And at $185 delivered, it is a high value for a tactical or home defense shotgun. Click here to view and purchase this shotgun.

982

I have shot just about every type of 12-gauge ammo through this fine firearm and it has performed magnificently. I would use 00-buck shot up to 25-yards and rifled slugs up to 100-yards. Yes, I said 100-yards! Read my previous post to this blog for evidence of its effectiveness at this range.

The Hawk 982 has fantastic ghost ring sights. If you buy a Remington, this is about a $100-150 option! This is standard on the 982. This allows quick target acquisition while still providing precision at range.

Is the Remington 870 a better shogun than the Hawk 982? Probably, yes. But, I must say that I have had 100% reliability with the Hawk! And at half the price, I think it is a winner!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I have been considering acquiring one for some time and your review made up my mind. You have a great site and I will be following it with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of stock options are there for this gun?

    ReplyDelete