Welcome to Pokin' Holes.

This blog is all about target shooting. Nothing is more fun that pokin' holes into paper targets! I use a variety of guns for this purpose. I have air rifles, handguns, rimfire and high power rifles, and shotguns. I am not a hunter. I simply enjoy the sport of target shooting.

I have created several targets that you can print and use. They are in PDF format. NOTE: When printing, don't let your PDF viewer resize the image. This will retain the original dimensions.


Air Rifle

Pistol

Scope

I have also created a specialty target just for the AK47 and SKS rifle. This target will help you sight in your rifle at 25-yards and be dead on at 100-yards.


AK47 / SKS

Feel free to use and distribute these targets. I hope you enjoy your visit here. Feel free to comment on the articles.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

College Students Save Their Lives Using A 222-Year Old Document


(Click on any image to enlarge)


Two criminals bent on rape and murder burst into the apartment of a group of students in College Park, Georgia. The students were forced into two rooms. One for the men and the other for the women.

When it was clear that murder and rape would soon follow, one student exercised a right affirmed almost 222-years ago: The right to own a firearm to protect yourself guaranteed by the second amendment of the United States Constitution! To read the actual news article and view a video, visit this link.

It is important that we all are able to protect ourselves. To pretend that removing guns will remove evil people is naive. Thinking the police can protect you is wishful thinking. This is not a bash on the police; they are doing the best job imaginable. They simply can't get there in time to stop the crime. They usually have to "clean-up the mess" and try to catch the criminals.

My politics usually lean towards the liberal side. I do differ with my liberal friends on the second amendment rights. I hope they will read this and take it as an opinion of one of their own. Just because many people exercise the right documented in the Constitution to protect themselves and their country, it does not make them "gun nuts". I invite you to read a paper written by LTC (RET) Dave Grossman titled, "On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs". This illustrates my beliefs on gun ownership in our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment